July 23, 2008

It wasn't rainy when I began...

I love these rubber boots.













I love tromping around the yard in them, my bare toes wiggling inside. Regardless of red clay smush or 'gifts' from this dog, I can imagine I'm a prairie princess, a full skirt whipping against the wind. Or a cowgirl, whose boots would've seen far more mucky stalls than these ever have. Yet, anyway.

These spent their hardest hours stuffed with so many layers of socks that my sister or I (whichever had the privilege of wearing Mama's boots out into the snow) could barely walk.

[picture]

How nice that my feet grew up size 6! (Of course, that is, as I said, sans socks.)














I...haven't experimented much with the self-timer on our camera. The first few attempts were off focus, so for this one the boots got set up and angled on. Good? Good! Press the button....beep, beep , beeeeeeeep. Run, jump into boots. Boots fall over, have half a boot on while wrestling with the other. Beeeeeep! That was close. So glad the neighbors are on summer vacation and didn't have to be exposed to such antics!

You however?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online