May 12, 2009

I <3 May


I love the balmy mornings, 
the drowsy hum of bees, 
the soft rain landing 
on freshly unfurled leaves 
with a crisp pit-pat. 

I love the hint, 
the hope, 
the lure of a perfect summer 
whispered by crickets 
in a not-quite-navy dusk. 

I love that bowls of soup 
still grace the table, 
set with a promise 
of walking downtown 
for ice cream later. 

I love that the earth 
smells like poetry in May. 
And that people come alive 
to smell it, 
gardening gloves in hand.

(Being a May baby has nothing to do with it. ;) )

2 comments:

Reborn said...

Sara, thank you for the link to that blog! You're right, they look absolutely lovely. :)

Simply Vintagegirl said...

Happy (very belated) Birthday, Sara! I hope that you have a wonderfully blessed year (as well as all the rest to come!)!

One day I hope to meet you and Laura (as well as Bebe & Judy)!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online