October 22, 2009

Beach Sketchbook




I ran out of journal pretty quickly this trip and had to turn to my little "just-in-case" folded stack of watercolor paper. (About 3"x5")


I got to paint this en plein air, sitting on warm, soft sand under a fiercely brilliant sun. It was so much fun playing 'artiste' and the colors came out just right. Those squiggly things on the right are boats...

Sunsets are really rather too presumptuous for me to try yet...



And last but not least, The Depressed Pelican. I love pelicans. This one has a newsprint sea, because truthfully that's what it looked like just then!

I kind of enjoy keeping these mini journals on vacations...the one from the Blueberry Cottage still makes me happy. The simplicity of them is so easy and un-overwhelming. I can dab and doodle all I like without feeling guilty about it - but the next one needs more pages!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I wish my journals could look half as beautiful as yours. =)

Author said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online