January 5, 2009

A Transformation

Remember that 'Secret Project' I posted about like, a gazillion years ago? It took me long enough and is still a work in progress, but I would like to present my first 'flipped' furniture. :) From this avocado green secretary desk from my aunt...
To this! Honeysuckle White with aged finish, metallic blue interiors and Marigold Orange drawers, inspired by some picture in CottageLiving. (Oh, how I love those marigold drawers!)
Wouldn't some Anthropologie knobs just top the whole thing off? If there were only a way that I could concoct my own that were just as nice....
Now onto the bed frame. And no more aging finishes for me...that was sloppy and stinky and not so necessary after all. Hoping that the next project turns out better, I'll take more step-by-step photographs. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for. ECCLESIASTES 12:13 TEV

Barb Smith said...

It's awesome...and so beautiful (much better than avocado green lol) Do you ever feel like "so many projects, so little time?" I know I do!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Breezy said...

Oh, wow! That is so pretty! Where did you find it?

I have a little roll-top desk painted in a similar white, but we bought it.

Blessings,
-Breezy
abowlofmossandpebbles.com

Sara said...

@ Barb: Hehe! YES I do! One of these days I *will* learn to prioritize better and get more done faster! ;D

@ Breezy: Thanks! :) My aunt gave it to me...it had been sitting in my grandaddy's living room for ages, waiting to be used.

Livy said...

oh. my. goodness! It's so pretty. I've always wanted a secretary desk.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online