January 2, 2009

Pop Tart Knitting and Who Says Jo March didn't have a Checkbook Cover?

Do you know what's fun? Knitting a pop tart cell phone cover for your niece. This tutorial was just too cute to resist: Putting the "Art" Back in Pop Tarts. It was my first try at intarsia (where you've got a block of a different color worked in) - pretty obvious from the way the icing is piled up thick on top (it's not supposed to be). Also had to free wheel parts of it, since my niece's phone is a different size. I went with the dimensions off the Verizon site, said a little prayer and - whew! It's a perfect fit!
Also fun is dreaming up a checkbook cover for ActuallyLaura's birthday. I used some vintage lace, pink floss and a Martha Stewart font that she had been using earlier in the week on some beaded gift tags.
It's not as hip as I had hoped, but it reminds me of something straight out of a Louisa May Alcott novel, and that is a part of Laura too. :) I forgot to take a picture of the back! It has a little stitching like this: * X *. Hugs and kisses! Finally got the hang of French knots with the help of my new book. :) Those things have been giving me trouble for nigh ten years...French knots - thou are conquered! 

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online